War Machines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
War Machines

War Machines Online : Offical Guild for WARHAMMER ONLINE

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

new patch 1.03

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bluemoon

bluemoon

new patch 1.03 Empty
PostSubject: new patch 1.03   new patch 1.03 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 6:46 pm

* Renown gained from healing players was granting more renown than intended over long periods of time. Players who heal other players will still earn renown for aiding their friends in combat, but large heals or repeated heal-over-time spells will result in lesser renown gains than before.

* While going over the data collected for renown gained by healing, we discovered a few incorrect values that led to players earning far more renown than designed. To ensure equal renown gains for players regardless of their chosen career and whether they group or not inside scenarios, we have made several adjustments to the way renown is granted from healing other players:

o Earning renown from healing players was erroneously granting renown while outside of RvR. This has been adjusted so getting renown for healing players outside of RvR or from a player that is not RvR flagged will occur less frequently.

o Healing players will grant renown correctly if the healed player has earned renown from killing other players recently.

* The amount of Renown required to gain Renown Ranks from 50-80 has been adjusted to the proper curve. Players which have already achieved any Renown Ranks between 50 and 80 will retain their Renown Ranks, but will notice the amount of Renown necessary to gain the next Rank has increased. Players will not lose any Renown Ranks, nor lose any Renown they have gained.

less reown for healer liao....
and they increase the reown to rank.. tanky very sad liao
Back to top Go down
bb

new patch 1.03 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new patch 1.03   new patch 1.03 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 7:17 pm

bluemoon wrote:

o Healing players will grant renown correctly if the healed player has earned renown from killing other players recently.
i think healers now have more and better reasons to heal sorcs. LOL!
Back to top Go down
bluemoon

bluemoon

new patch 1.03 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new patch 1.03   new patch 1.03 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 7:59 pm

bb wrote:
bluemoon wrote:

wow if that is correct no 1 will even heal tank coz they dun kill at all.......
Back to top Go down
Rev

new patch 1.03 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new patch 1.03   new patch 1.03 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 2:39 am

bluemoon wrote:
bb wrote:
bluemoon wrote:

your understanding of the line is too literal, everyone that contributes to the death of a player or to the capture of an objective is granted a renown reward based on the amount of contribution.

for example as a tank i generate large amounts of renown by doing one thing, charging into the enemy and disrupting them as much as possible. i do this using 2 basic skills; the first is an aoe knock down and the second a small aoe damage blast wave that also reduces their resistances.

by doing this i generate a small amount of renown from each person but from a large number of enemies. healers will heal everyone cos without tanks their tanks will be on our casters screwing us up.
Back to top Go down
crouchingpanda

new patch 1.03 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new patch 1.03   new patch 1.03 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 7:57 am

I've noticed reknown for my shaman is a fair bit lower now. Not really complaining if it gives other players more incentive to play harder.
Back to top Go down
Deathhead

new patch 1.03 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new patch 1.03   new patch 1.03 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:21 am

Players should get renown and exp for capturing the flag- that is the most important. Nobody wants to capture the flag these days because its a sure way to guarantee you'll get the lowest exp and renown on your side.
Back to top Go down
Rev

new patch 1.03 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new patch 1.03   new patch 1.03 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:52 am

but u do get more end game bonus xp and renown from winning than losing
Back to top Go down
bluemoon

bluemoon

new patch 1.03 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new patch 1.03   new patch 1.03 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 11:51 am

Rev wrote:
but u do get more end game bonus xp and renown from winning than losing

spenter pass is a tier 4 scn.
there is a item u need to get and place at ur base to get point
most of the time, no 1 will try to take the flag
reason is becoz they dun want the time to run out.
alot of them join to get rr points only. they dun care if win or lost.
coz it is possible for u to get 20k rr point and 2k exp even when u lose the scn.
and alot of them are already lvl 40 which mean even if getting 100k exp do not make a diff to them
there is a reown gear seller at ic that sell organe gear set for u when ur reown is at rank 75
and i suppose that set owns
Back to top Go down
bluemoon

bluemoon

new patch 1.03 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new patch 1.03   new patch 1.03 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 11:59 am

Rev wrote:
bluemoon wrote:
bb wrote:
bluemoon wrote:

your understanding of the line is too literal, everyone that contributes to the death of a player or to the capture of an objective is granted a renown reward based on the amount of contribution.

for example as a tank i generate large amounts of renown by doing one thing, charging into the enemy and disrupting them as much as possible. i do this using 2 basic skills; the first is an aoe knock down and the second a small aoe damage blast wave that also reduces their resistances.

by doing this i generate a small amount of renown from each person but from a large number of enemies. healers will heal everyone cos without tanks their tanks will be on our casters screwing us up.

i will try this out, but most of the time, charge into order = die in sec.
i am changing my gear to spec to ele res very high
now i can block 33% of ele dmg..
maybe will hold abit longer.
i hate mage and dwarf healer !!!!! waaagh!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Rev

new patch 1.03 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new patch 1.03   new patch 1.03 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 2:20 pm

yeah i havent played t4 scr but i can see how that can be annoying they should change that actually.

it helps when your brother is a healer Smile haha but yeah i got a tactic that increases ele res, its not so much the direct ele damage that hurts i think its the dots from BWs that hurt so much for me im starting to stack more corporeal resist now, my auras help alot hehe
Back to top Go down
bluemoon

bluemoon

new patch 1.03 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new patch 1.03   new patch 1.03 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 3:50 pm

Rev wrote:
yeah i havent played t4 scr but i can see how that can be annoying they should change that actually.

it helps when your brother is a healer Smile haha but yeah i got a tactic that increases ele res, its not so much the direct ele damage that hurts i think its the dots from BWs that hurt so much for me im starting to stack more corporeal resist now, my auras help alot hehe

the shaman buffs helps alot too
its increase all res

champion has aura orc have chance to heal.

i very go into a scn and did 24k dmg total and heal myself 19k. i was like wtf
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

new patch 1.03 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new patch 1.03   new patch 1.03 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new patch 1.03
Page 1 of 1