War Machines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
War Machines

War Machines Online : Offical Guild for WARHAMMER ONLINE

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Crashing out

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
incarniac

incarniac

Crashing out Empty
PostSubject: Crashing out   Crashing out Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 9:05 pm

At the rate I am crashing out and then having to wait 45 mins to get back in, I'll be stuck at Level 13 forever!

just curious, anyone of you facing the same thing? I know Rev is. Have you found a way to solve it or am aware of something maybe I should know?

I have all the update drivers etc....
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Crashing out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crashing out   Crashing out Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 9:11 pm

i crash once or twice but not very often..how much ram u got? i got 4GB here and i am running from a laptop lol
Back to top Go down
https://warmachines.forumotion.net
incarniac

incarniac

Crashing out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crashing out   Crashing out Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 11:26 pm

Problem #1 : “Critical Error warhammer will now terminate” Error Message
Solution A : Turn off your anti-virus or add Warhammer files to your exceptions list. This occurs when your anti-virus interferes with the patching process. Incase your anti-virus prevented one of the files from being patched or copied properly, turn off your anti-virus, find that file in the antivirus log then delete that file then do a full fill check update. This is pretty much the case with almost every paranoid antivirus softwares
Solution B : If your computer specs do not pass Warhammer’s Age of Reckoning System requirements, it’s probably time to upgrade.
Solutiuon C : the Warhammer Critical Error problem is a symptom of one (or more) of the following : Old video card drivers, RAM less than 2GB and a video card that doesnt have shader 2.0 or better.

Problem #2 : Error Copying E:\data1\art2.myp during installation
Solution A : First, check if you can to copy the whole Warhammer disc into your harddrive, if you come across this problem while checking if you can copy the whole disc, then it’s a disc problem. You may opt to contact your local warhammer vendor and have the Warhammer Age of Reckoning disk replaced (from warhammer forums)

Solution B : Art2.myp can be corrupted by a discontinued update. Try reupdating your Warhammer age of reckoning client client (from warhammer forums).

Problem #3 : Patch Error: Your Warhammer folder is missing a larger number of files. Reinstall the game from the supplied media.
Solution A : tick the Perform full file check before starting the update (as posted by smokeyjon).
Solution B : For those who have been in the beta, the client version may be too updated.

Problem #4 : Warhammer Online Crash to Desktop problems
Solution A : For those who are playing Warhammer Age of Reckoning on XP, go to the properties settings of your network card and under advanced tab, set checksum offload to disabled. (as posted by Rylin).
Solution B : Rename the Users folder to anything then run the game
Solution C : Change the game resolution to that of the desktop’s
Solution D : This Crash to desktop problem seems to happen more often to users who are using ATI video cards with the latest drivers. If you can wait for ATI to release a specialized driver version for WAR then hope that they release it quick or hope that Mythic would patch this problem right away. If you cant wait for new driver builds, try rolling back your drivers a to an earlier stable version, but it’s a longshot.

Problem #5 : Warhammer Black screen crash.
Solution A : Refer to solutions posted in #3

Problem #6 : “Authentication Failed - Application Will Now Terminate” Warhammer Error message
Solution A : Make sure that the ports that Warhammer Age of Reckoning uses are not blocked
Solution B : The Authentication server might have been taking a beating (since WAR is fairly new). But this is more often a server side problem, which Mythic SHOULD fix ASAP.

Problem #7 : Warhammer Stuttering problem *unresolved
Problem #8 : Warhammer game Freeze / Freezing problem *unresolved
Back to top Go down
incarniac

incarniac

Crashing out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crashing out   Crashing out Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 11:28 pm

I have 2GB but I am running on XP. Based on Gamespot's report found here on hardware report, it makes no difference between 2 or 4GB

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6197926/index.html?tag=result;title;0
Back to top Go down
bb

Crashing out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crashing out   Crashing out Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 12:04 am

so.. what is actually your error message? did the above post answer your question?
i am running on a super old computer and yet i do not crash as much as yours. *TOUCH WOOD*
i think u should try to set/follow the instructions given in the above post by yourself?
come on man.. do this, lvl up and go to war! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rev

Crashing out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crashing out   Crashing out Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 1:01 am

Hmm for me i crash to desktop maybe once a day, depending on other tasks my computer is running. I dont get an error message it just simply closes down. Although its not enough or to annoy me haha.
Back to top Go down
incarniac

incarniac

Crashing out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crashing out   Crashing out Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 3:12 pm

I have checked a number of websites. the complaint seems to indicate that ATI cards are the cause due to driver issues.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Crashing out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crashing out   Crashing out Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crashing out
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
War Machines :: WM_general :: The nightmare b4 retail....-
Jump to: